Healthcare Practice-Hamilton: Operations Manager
Romero Psychotherapy is a private practice which offers individual, couples, and family therapy through face-to-face and online sessions. In addition to speaking engagements, Romero Psychotherapy is actively involved in conducting research regarding mental health and treatment evaluations. It is also Veteran owned and operated with Richard being a retired Combat Engineer.
The Operations Manager will be expected to implement processes and practices across the practice. They must manage overhead and improve practice profitability IAW industry best practices. Their management of staff must improve workplace performance, including securing compliance among staff. This position will require knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management; experience budgeting; familiarity with business and financial principles; and the ability to mentor staff. The Operations Manager must have excellent communication and organization skills with an ability to lead, especially in high-demand and high-stress circumstances.
During employment, it is expected that the Operations Manager will maintain an understanding and observance of:
- Proper protocols and procedures according to standards of the practice
- Standards of dress and deportment
- Computer software proficiency
- Capable of managing and mentoring staff
- Collaboration with colleagues
- Serve as an active participant during a variety of meetings
- Initiate goals and targets of the practice
- Formulate and finalize short-term and long-term operational objectives
- Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Ensure the practice remains legally compliant
- Communicate with external agencies
- Finalize external agreements
- Conduct regular situation reports
- Manage budgets
- Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability
- Set quarterly goals
While degrees and certifications are an advantage, military training and experience will be looked upon favorably. People skills, positive attitude, and an ability to adapt are fundamental to this job as the poster are looking for the soft skills/intangibles that a military member brings with them.